Safe escorts at night
- Free golf cart (parties of 1-2 only) and walking escorts at night
- Patrols lots looking for suspicious activity
- Alert Cab - Free cab rides for students 21+ MUST be going from an alcohol serving establishment to a residence in Hillsborough County
To join SAFE Team: driver applications are ongoing. Hiring depends on the number of students who leave SAFE team at the end of each semester.
The name of this agency shall be Safe And Free Escort (S.A.F.E. Team).
The Student Government S.A.F.E. Team shall be a component of the Student Government Department of Student Services and shall report to its Executive Director.237
- The Director shall be responsible for carrying out duties contained in this Statute; be the official representative of S.A.F.E. Team before all other entities; prepare the yearly budget for proposal to the Student Government Senate; serve as the S.A.F.E. Team accountable officer; and develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and programs.
- In addition the Director shall maintain open communication with students, faculty, administration, the University Police, and any other person(s) or agency deemed necessary; and provide guidance to other universities setting up similar programs.
- The Assistant Director(s) shall be responsible for assisting the Director in carrying out the duties of that office and assisting in the development of programs, policies, and procedures of S.A.F.E. Team.
- The staff members shall serve as supervisors of daily operations of S.A.F.E. Team, be required to conduct themselves in a manner becoming a Student Government employee, follow the Rules of Procedure of S.A.F.E. Team, and have the responsibility to attend all staff meetings held by the agency (unless notified otherwise).
- S.A.F.E. Team shall operate under its own Rules of Procedure, which shall not be in conflict with the Student Body Constitution or the Student Government Statutes.